“At Home in the House of God” REGISTER HERE
This year our Authorized Ministers retreat of the NCNC UCC will focus on Psalm 23. What restores you, and makes you feel like you rest in the house of God? How does your ministry help build the house of God for all people in our churches and our world?
Come ready to rest, to pray, to share, to listen, to learn, and praise the ways Gods love is always with us.
This retreat will be taking place at the Christ the King Retreat Center in Citrus Heights, Sacramento. You can learn more about our hosts here: http://www.christthekingretreatcenter.org/facility
This retreat will include:
- Worship in the morning and evenings, including one “dinner church” together
- Workshops on: boundaries (BT Modules), financial management and resources, embodied storytelling, compassion fatigue
- Time for arts, games, socializing, and rest
- A ministry, “show and tell”, where ministers who have personal ministry projects or practices such as art, music, spiritual direction, books, and more can share their gifts with their colleagues
- Time sunday evening with Conference Minister Diane Weible
- A fun evening outing off campus from the retreat center
This retreat is open to all Authorized Ministers of the NCNC UCC: those who have been Ordained, Licensed, Comissioned – or have standing through a partner denomination in our Conference. This retreat is also open to MIDs of the NCNC UCC, who have been approved for their Ecclesiastical Council, or Ordination pending Call.
The core planning team for the retreat is: Rev. Kit Novotny (Young Adult Minister First Church Berkeley), Rev. Davena Jones, and Rev. Sonny Graves
If you have a: question, a specific dietary or mobility request/need, a desire to participate in the planning or worship team, or need to request financial aid please contact email@example.com