Clergy who have moved or been called to the Northern California Nevada Conference and who want to complete a Transfer of Standing can do so through several steps.
- Contact the Committee on Ministry Section A, requesting an appointment for a Transfer of Standing. Appointments are made by contacting the committee scheduler Rev. Carol Barriger.
- Work with the Conference Office to review and complete the following documents:
Documents and Resources for Transfer of Ministerial Standing
- Transfer of Standing Checklist
- Transfer Request and Release <– Send this document to your FORMER Conference
- Background Disclosure Form
- Manual on Ministry Supplements and Appendices (MOMSA)
- Training for the UCC Ministerial Profile System (videos, Powerpoint, FAQ)
- UCC Ministerial Profile System (Create/edit your ministerial profile and snapshot and complete your criminal background check)
Once your appointment is set, and your file is completed, you will meet with the Committee on Ministry Section A so that they can connect with you and help you integrate into the NCNC-UCC. Appointments last up to one hour, Appointments always meet at Hillcrest Congregational Church, UCC.
The Committee on Ministry Section A is made up of a group of Ordained Clergy, and lay members from churches in the Northern California Nevada Conference consisting of up to 15 members nominated cyclically through our Annual Gathering. It also includes a seminarian member from a local seminary, who is often also a Member in Discernment, appointed yearly.
Individuals appearing before the committee should dress semi-formal, similar to what you would consider wearing if you were serving in a local church pastoral role or to a job interview. Candidates are encouraged to wear what feels both formal enough for the occasion, and culturally aligned for themselves and their communities of origin.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible, but the bathrooms on site are not. Bathrooms are gender designated. If you have any access requests about the space, or your communication with the committee please email or call our Offices so we can work with you to meet your needs.
When your transfer is complete, the care of your standing will then move to the Committee on Ministry Section B who will meet with you periodically, connect you to resources, and help maintain your file with the Conference Offices.
You can read more about the different Committees, and important contact persons here.