Clergy who have moved or been called to the Northern California Nevada Conference and who want to complete a Transfer of Standing can do so through several steps.
- Contact Miranda at the Conference Offices to initiate the process for a Transfer of Standing firstname.lastname@example.org 510.247.8990.
- Work with the Conference Office to review and complete the documents below. All your materials must be sent in in order to schedule an appointment with the Committee.
- Appointments are held by phone, or video conferencing call between the clergy and members of the Committee on Ministry Section B for twenty minutes, in accordance with everyone’s schedule.
- Once Transfer of Standing is granted, your standing is transferred to the NCNC UCC.
Documents and Resources for Transfer of Ministerial Standing
- Transfer of Standing Checklist
- Transfer Request and Release
- Background Disclosure Agreement
- Manual on Ministry Supplements and Appendices (MOMSA)
- Training for the UCC Ministerial Profile System (videos, Powerpoint, FAQ)
- UCC Ministerial Profile System (Create/edit your ministerial profile and snapshot and complete your criminal background check)
Once your appointment is set, and your file is completed, you will meet with the Committee on Ministry Section B so that they can connect with you and help you integrate into the NCNC-UCC. Appointments last up to one hour, Appointments always meet at Hillcrest Congregational Church, UCC.
The Committee on Ministry Section B is made up of a group of Ordained Clergy, and lay members from churches in the Northern California Nevada Conference consisting of up to 15 members nominated cyclically through our Annual Gathering. It also includes a seminarian member from a local seminary, who is often also a Member in Discernment, appointed yearly.
When your transfer is complete, the care of your standing will be with Committee on Ministry Section B who will meet with you periodically, connect you to resources, and help maintain your file with the Conference Offices.
You can read more about the different Committees, and important contact persons here.