Contact & Schedule Details
- Click here to schedule a 30 minute Zoom conversation with Daniel
- Leave Daniel a voicemail: 650.937.9010
- Click here to send Daniel an email
- Follow Daniel’s ministry travels on Instagram
As of March 2020, all Conference staff members are remotely working from home. All staff members currently observe Saturday/Sunday as their days off. Weekend and evening events are balanced by flex-time Monday through Friday.
He served in local churches in California, Illinois, and New Zealand. He also served as community chaplain to incarcerated persons in county correctional facilities. Early in his career he served as a university chaplain, as well as a regional denominational staff member.
Daniel earned degrees from Carthage College, McCormick Theological Seminary, and San Francisco State University. Additionally, he holds an Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising from the Lake Institute on Faith and Giving at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy. Daniel and his husband Andrew share their home with Nala the severely spoiled cat, and are members of First Congregational Church of Palo Alto (UCC).
Portfolio of Responsibilities
- First point of contact for Local Churches in the Golden Gate, Santa Clara, and Sequoia Associations
- Accessibility and inclusion
- Campus ministries
- Ecumenical relationships
- New and emerging ministries (Committee on Ministry, Section C)
- Philanthropy and stewardship
- Program evaluation/organizational effectiveness
- Polity, history, and theology of the United Church of Christ